Armenian Time

Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

Hi Mom,
I'm glad you had a nice holiday. Ours is still going, but it has been nice. On the sixth will be their Christmas, so I think the partying might die off after that. Every house has a table full of food and drinks, so we eat everywhere we go. The fireworks woke me up on New Years Eve, they were really obnoxious banging fireworks, which made it sound like a battle outside. Our movie day was nice too. We watched Up, Harry Potter, Wolverine, Monsters vs. Aliens, and Angels & Demons. Up is still my favorite.

I'm so happy, it finally snowed again this morning. There's about five inches or so. It's been rainy for a while and all my pants are dirty and my shoes muddy, so it was nice to have a change.

Sako's baptism this week was very nice. A lot of elders were here for our district meeting, which was nice too. It was pretty simple, but the spirit was very strong. We also had a nice little prayer together after we had changed. He's a great guy, I hope he can stay active even though it's difficult to get to church. He has changed so much. It's too bad his mother didn't make it to the baptism though, she's a great woman.

Merujan should be getting baptized soon too. He's so funny, but he has a great testimony. We're also meeting with some really nice older ladies right now. There are two women from little villages that are doing some really good missionary work right now, and they get so excited. It really feels good to try and share your happiness and knowledge with others. In our baptismal covenant we promise to be a living witness or testimony of Christ. It's a wonderful and important role that we all play. I like Pres. Hinkley's quote you sent about how no role is more important than another. That's so true.

It's been a good week. I haven't been able to do much with the pictures, so I'll try and get on that next week. I love you though. Have a wonderful new year. I am so grateful for the life God has given me, and I know I often take my precious time in this life for granted. It really is a gift for us. I am grateful to have such a wonderful Father in Heaven who watches over me, cares for me, and wants me to be happy. I guess how we show are love is by being obedient children and making wise choices. I have been very blessed with wise and loving earthly parents as well. Thank you for all you do and have done, Mom.

Love ya
Elder Wainwright

No comments:

Post a Comment