Armenian Time

Monday, June 27, 2011

6-27-11

This week went by pretty well. I realized I really don't have that much time left. I set some goals for things I want to accomplish before I leave, which should help me be able to keep sprinting to the end, like Dad was talking about. I hope I have given all that I could have. There is still so much to learn and so much to work on. This life really does seem so short and precious. There's also a lot weighing on it.

We found some good people to work with this week. Sadly, the kid that had set a baptismal date dissappeared soon after so we haven't been able to meet with him. We found a couple new people to meet with, however, and I'm excited to work with them. One is a man who lived in America for 30 years, but is now here and married and has a kid. His mother recently passed away and he had some other bad experiences that kind of made him wake up and want to be a better man. He's a great man and a good father. I hope he will be ready to act so that we can help him. We're also going to start teaching the father of a girl who just got back from a mission in Ukraine. He's a really nice man and I'm excited to work with him.

We had some good laughs at Aram and Susanna's house this week. They're a great couple. Elder Smith seems to be getting more comfortable and is doing amazing with the language. Oh yeah, six people are going to the temple this week! A family is getting sealed! I am so happy for them. There's not very many of those. This is the second for Vanadzor.Things are slowly but surely going forward.

The last picture is of my bibles. I've been studying Acts this week in three translations of Armenian alongside the English copy. It's helping with my Armenian and it helps me understand the verses better as well. Elder Scott encouraged the saints here to study the scriptures in multiple languages. The Joseph Smith Translation is still by far the best help, though.
---

Well, that's that. Sounds like things are going well. Even though I can't believe it I'll be back so soon. I love you all so much. Thank you for your faithful writing, mom. Take care.

Much love,
Elder Bruce Wainwright


No comments:

Post a Comment