Armenian Time

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

6-20-11

Happy Father's Day Dad,

Thank you for your letter. I like your analogy of the marathon. I'll try and sprint to the end. It's really easy because of my companion. He's doing so well and helps me want to be better. Both missionaries that I've trained have been like that.

I hope you had a nice Father's Day. You deserve it. I feel like you have been a very successful father. I know you're not perfect, but you are a great example to me in so many ways. Our lesson in priesthood this week was on honesty, and I know that I can look up to you as an honest man in all your dealings. They were talking about how in these days and in this country it's practically impossible to not lie or cheat. I know you have always tried to do your best, simply because you love people and you want to serve them. Some other things that I have learned from you are how to work hard, how to have fun while doing that, how to take care of others and help them have fun, how to be aware of opportunities to serve, and many other things. We have been greatly blessed with the family we have and I am so grateful to how you and mom have raised me and helped me overcome my weaknesses and challenges, and encouraged me to be better.

I am eternally grateful for the experiences I have had on this mission and I hope that I have been able to serve to my full potential. I love these people and pray that God continues to bless and lead them. I'm grateful for our Heavenly Father and family as well. He blesses me with more than I deserve. I hope I can faithfully follow my Savior as you and Mom are trying to do. I love you so much Dad and can't wait to see you again. Thank you for your great advice, love, and support.

Love,
Elder Bruce Wainwright

No comments:

Post a Comment