Armenian Time

Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dad

(I thought I'd put this in, too, because he tells about some of the wonderful things about his dad that are so true. I know the family will enjoy hearing this.)

Hey Dad,

I just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday. I hope your hike goes well. You'll have to tell me how it goes. Which hike did you decide to do? That's good that Bryce gets to go on hikes a lot. I hope it's a nice day, and that you don't get too sore.

I am so grateful to be your son. I have learned so much from you throughout the years, and I'm sure I will only continue to do so. I owe so much of who I am to both you and Mom. You are a wonderful friend to others and make people feel good when they are with you. As Mom was talking about, you also have a wonderful desire to help those around you have a good time, like when you prepare camping trips, bring kayaks to activities, cut lots of wood for fires and many other things. You are always willing to serve others and can see where there is a need. I am trying to do the same thing, and know that I am the most happy when those around me are happy. I hope that I can in some way glorify you by my actions in this life, as Christ glorified the Father by completing his will. You mean so much to me Dad, and I can't wait to get back and go on a hike together or on a nice bikeride. I noticed that in the Family: A Proclomation to the World it says that a successful family is built on love, patience, and some other godly traits, but the last thing on the list was "wholesome recreational activities." I like that and think that is so important. I feel like you have provided our family with many wonderful "wholesome recreational activities." I hope you have a wonderful birthday, Dad. I love you and look up to you. Thank you for all that you sacrifice for me and for your great love.

Much love,
Your son Elder Bruce Wainwright

No comments:

Post a Comment