Armenian Time

Monday, August 2, 2010

8-2-10

Hey Mom,

Thank you for the letter and for the updates. I'm way excited for Mark and Emily. Maia looks like a pretty baby. I like her red hair. I can't wait to see her in a year. Julia and Liam are growing up. I'm excited for them to have a new sister. I'm excited for Joshua and their family as well. Do they know if it's a boy or not? I'll have to ask him, I didn't even know Valerie was for sure pregnant either. So what was exactly wrong with Gary? Some kind of Allergy? That's wonderful they were able to help him.

Hey, before I forget, Elder Grigoryan wanted me to say "I'm thankful that you have good boy . . . uh, son." He's a great man, and we're having a good time together. He likes your music that you sent a lot, but not as much as I do. Thank you for the package. It came last week, as well as a nice letter from Grandma Snow and from Megan Gale. I'm sure taken care of as far as prayers and care go from home. Tell Megan thank you for me. She is a great woman. Tell her I will buy a big container of peanut butter from her. That will be great. I'll write a note to Grandma.

It was a pretty good week for me. At the beginning it was hard for me to feel like I was really helping anyone, but think I just needed to keep on working hard and trying to do better. I needed to get my heart more into the work, which has a lot to do with charity I believe. I am trying to be more diligent again with all the little things: my studies, talking to people on the streets, serving my companion, thinking of others, memorizing words, and other things. There's a quote in Preach My Gospel that says "the secret to missionary work is work," and I agree. That's probably the secret to a lot of things, and I know the Savior and our Heavenly Father are both hard workers. Dad is also a good example to me of hard work. If I simply continue to work hard, things will work out.

On Thursday, we got to go with our Branch to Lake Sevan, which was pretty fun. It was a little awkward not being able to swim, but it was a good bonding experience with the members. We had a good experience from our fast this Sunday as well. We decided to fast on inspiration for our investigators and to be able to find new investigators if that was needed. I had written to call up an old investigator, and she said she was still reading from the Book of Mormon and would like to come to church. It's been a while since an investigator has been able to come to church, but she made it and I think she had a good experience. I felt like that was a blessing from our fast, and we also should have two investigators come to our family home evening activity tonight. I like all these people, and I am excited to try to help them.

I love you. Everything's going pretty well. Tell Gary good luck starting school. I really liked school a lot. I hope he does too. Thanks for the music and great pictures, and the other things as well. They were all needed. I got a nice bible last week as well, and I like having it. I think I might buy another one with a different translation as well. Well, talk to you later. Hajogh.

Metz Sirov,
Elder Bruce Allen Wainwright

No comments:

Post a Comment