Armenian Time

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

6-20-10

Hi Mom,

Thanks for the great letter and for telling me about everyone. It sounds like it was a good week. It's been a pretty good week for me too. There's been a lot of changes.

I feel quite taken care of and it's kind of silly, but my luggage and everything reminds me of all your love and care for me. I have been enjoying cooking lately while Elder Jonas and I have been trying to eat healthy. We usually just experiment with what we have and it's usually simple, but it's been good.

As far as our investigators go, I'm not sure how well they are doing. I haven't seen Mher yet and Hasmik wasn't able to meet with us either. Anahit, the young english teacher, seems to be doing well, though. We met with Anahit and Geghetsik ( which being interpreted is actually "beautiful" ) on Thursday and talked about the Word of Wisdom. Speaking of, I forgot to check up on how she is doing with coffee. She seems to be progressing the most out of our investigators right now, even though we only meet once a week and she still can't come to church. I think something will work out, though, as long as she really wants it. We also started meeting with another girl this week from our english class. She believes in God but has had a hard time understanding why her father had to die. I hope we can keep on helping all of them. If not, we'll have to keep trying to find others.

I generally like change, but I really enjoyed my time with Elder Jonas. He is a great missionary and a great friend. I'll miss him. As I wrote to Bryce, this will be my first time being senior companion. That'd be neat if we both became senior companion at the same time. My companion's name is Elder Armen Grigoryan. He's a great guy and a good missionary. He's a good example for his family and for everyone. He has a problem with his legs, and uses "sticks," like crutches but they don't go under your shoulder, to get around. I almost forget sometimes because he never complains and he does so well. I think he's excited to serve with me and I think it's going to be very good. It will hopefully help my Armenian out as well.

I'm excited to see how much we can help the branch with four missionaries. I think it will make a difference. It takes a lot of responsibility off of me as well. I'm excited to be able to explore more of the center area as well, since our area was cut in half. I just hope I don't walk Elder Grigoryan around too much.

I think things are going well, but I still want to do better. The need to grow closer to the Savior is always present. I really like Sundays and the opportunity to worship my God, remember my Savior, and learn from my neighbors. I am also so grateful for the temple and I want to better understand the covenants I have made with Heavenly Father. I know that there is only one way to peace and happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come, and that is through the Gospel and atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am so blessed to have the fullness of his gospel. I hope that I can continue to better understand and live it so that I can help some of God's precious children. I think Armenia will be a strong nation for the Lord as soon as they can overcome their fear and pride. They are a very caring people. I love you Mom. I am grateful for our family. Tell Dad I love him and happy father's day again.

Love,
Your son Elder Bruce Wainwright

No comments:

Post a Comment