Armenian Time

Monday, April 18, 2011

4-18-11





Hi Mom,
Elder Peterson and I have had a pretty good week. We moved into a new apartment for its location and it's really nice. It's the nicest one I've been in, except for a few days at one in Yerevan. I'll probably stay here until the end of my mission.

We had to do some translating today for our Branch President and Senior elder Elder Blunck (He's from Santa Clara by the way), so we don't have much time. I love our Branch President. He is trying so hard to do things the right way and to help this branch go forward. He is far from perfect, as we all are, but I can see how the Lord is working through him to help this branch go forward. I love that the church is living and growing and changing all the time. We should be as well. Elder Peterson and I have some good things to work on this week, which should be good, having more efficient meetings, opening our mouths and testifying more, eating less sweets and things like that. As of right now I don't know if anyone is super close to being baptized. A less active mother of a large family of 7 kids came back to church, which was wonderful. The branch president is teaching her how the welfare system is supposed to work, and I think it will help her. Taking care of the poor in the Lord's way takes a lot of work. It's not just as simple as giving them what they need, but trying to help them become independent so they can continue to help others. Actually, I feel like that same principle applies to the gospel and our spiritual welfare. Anyway, I have gained a lot of respect for our Branch President and am grateful to be serving with him. Elder Peterson and I decided to make him some cookies and bring them to his house. When we went, his sister-in-law was there and we were able to help invite her to church. That was a nice little blessing, even though she didn't make it. Hopefully we can give her and her family another opportunity soon and invite them better.

Well, I love you. Thank you so much for caring for me and always writing. Thank you for your good examples and good advice. I hope that you have a great week. Tell dad and the family that I love them so much.

Much love,
Elder Bruce Wainwright

No comments:

Post a Comment