Armenian Time

Monday, February 21, 2011

2-21-11


It really is hard to know how to best help people. God is the best example, though. Being a missionary and teacher for others and especially being a leader, I have been thinking about how we can best influence others for good and lead them. The best help I've found so far is from something that Joseph Smith said. Someone was asking how he governed all the members specifically with welfare I believe, and he said I teach them correct princeples and they govern themselves. The teaching method that the brethren teach us is to: explain, demonstrate, practice, evaluate, and re-practice. In order to demonstrate it, we need to ourselves be living what we preach. As far as I can tell, that's the best way I know to lead. I feel like you and Dad have done a wonderful job at leading and teaching Bryce and I. I don't really know how you raised the other kids, but I feel prepared to make wise decisions on my own.

I've been out of my area a lot this week, so it's been a little crazy, but I got to see some people in Center and in Alaverdi, which I loved. It's nice to remember everyone I have worked with and to see that many of them are still working with the missionaries and trying to progress. It's not an easy work, but the results are worth everything. God has so much love for us. I am trying to gain that love for others. He is quite a patient God as well.

I'm sorry, but I have to go. I would love to talk to you more. Someday. Here's a picture of Armine and her two girls. They're amazing members. Armine calls all the missionaries her boys. She feeds us a ton every time we go over and knit me a nice beenie. Elder Thylin came through with his dad before he leaves to Sweden. I served in Center with him if you don't remember. Great guy.
---
I love you so much. Have a nice week. Love, Elder Bruce Wainwright

No comments:

Post a Comment