Armenian Time

Monday, January 24, 2011

1-23-11



Hi Mom and Dad,

I didn't do my ecclesiastical endorsement because I don't think I need another one. I'm trying to finish the scholarship applications though, so I might have to be brief.

A zone leader mostly has the responsibility of being an example. We keep track of key indicators that help us know what are things we can discuss or help with. It doesn't interfere very much with the work. We have only two districts of two (Gyumri District) and four companionships (from Alaverdi and Vanadzor) with one of those being sisters. We have meetings with the other Zone Leaders and discuss the work and we attend District Meetings. It's pretty simple and I feel like our biggest responsibility is to be an example of living the gospel, being obedient and effective. I felt really good about the work this week. We are building our relationships with those we are serving and we found four new people to teach. Two are younger men, so I'm excited to work with them. As far as helping my companion, we are just trying to plan out our lessons well and I am trying to teach him principles occasionally. It's a frustrating thing to not be able to communicate with others. Elder Frye's always progressing though.

Armenians are always talking about dreams they see with Christ or some other profound experience. I think they might be a visionary people. Anyway, one of the ladies we found this week said she has always considered herself an athiest, but has had a few dreams lately that have caused her to really want to attend some church. She must have been ready to find us, because she committed herself to come with us to church and we thought it'd be good if we agreed. She came and loved it. I hope we can help her come to know her Heavenly Father and his plans for her and her family. We met some other nice people as well. One of them is this woman I'm sending a picture of and her somewhat handicapped son. I'm not sure what's the matter with him, but he just has some problems. They invited us over, though, and loved having us there. It was a nice week.

Well, I hope all is well and that the college stuff works out. Good luck with everything you are working on. I hope you are all happy and healthy.

Much love,
Elder Bruce Wainwright

No comments:

Post a Comment