Armenian Time

Monday, December 20, 2010

12-19-10

Elder Kurth is doing great. We're starting to be able to teach better together, and there are a lot of people here that we might be able to start working with. We just had our District Conference (like stake conference) and I was able to see the World Wide Training. It was very interesting. I hope I can better support our branch president here. Elder Kurth and I should be the counselors for the Branch President and I hope we can start helping him fulfill his responsibilities for the branch. I also got to see Sako, who I baptized, from Gyumri. Since I left, his Mom has been baptized, he got married, and his wife is now baptized. I'm so happy for him and I hope he can continue to prepare to be a leader in the church.

A cool verse that I found was in 2 Ne 9: 13-14.
O how great the plan of our God! For on the other hand, the paradise of God must deliver up the spirits of the righteous, and the grave deliver up the body of the righteous; and the spirit and the body is restored to itself again, and all men become incorruptible, and immortal, and they are living souls, having a perfect knowledge like unto us in the flesh, save it be that our knowledge shall be perfect.
14 Wherefore, we shall have a perfect knowledge of all our guilt, and our uncleanness, and our nakedness; and the righteous shall have a perfect knowledge of their enjoyment, and their righteousness, being clothed with purity, yea, even with the robe of righteousness

I like the word enjoyment that is used in verse 14. We really get to choose what state we are in. If we make bad choices, we are imprisoned by our guilt and it is very unpleasant, but making good choices fills our lives with peace and joy. I know that those feelings of guilt can also be cleaned away as we are spiritually healed of our wounds through Christ's atonement and His doctrine.

No comments:

Post a Comment