Armenian Time

Monday, November 16, 2009

A couple of journal entries

Jnl 11/11/09 Wed.

Wow, these last two days went by so fast. It really feels like our Tuesday District Meeting was this morning. I really liked our last Dist. Meeting, it was interesting. We talked about how the best way to help someone is not necesarily by simply giving them something, but by supporting them in their personal growth and work. It's better to teach a man to fish than to give him one. WE really do treasure the things we work hard for. I believe that's one reason why it's so hard to achieve salvation. I also know that it fills my soul to work hard for something and see it achieved.
We had cereal this morning! Gyumri had Russian milk for the first time in 4 months, at least our store did. It just comes in randomely and the Armenian milk tastes like the trash the cows eat, says Elder King.
The streets are so dusty right now from the dried mud after the rain. I hope it snows soon, but it doesn't seem like it will for a while. It seems like winter is so hard for people here. I don't know how they do it. Armenia is in such a bad condition. It will be wierd to go back to America where life is really so much easier to live. It seems like Armenia needs a revolution or something. They at least need to know that peace will only come through righteous living.

Jnl 11/12/09 Thurs.
What a day. I wish I was as cool as Sako. Satan really doesn't want him to go through with this baptism. He has learned so much lately, and I can see the growth and change. I really do so little in this work, it's interesting. I want to do all I can to help Sako make it through this. He said he wants to meet up sometime and show us Armenia after our missions. He has really come so far. I feel so good right now for being able to help him.

Jnl 11/14/09 Sat.
I need to remember how special a message we have for people. When I have street conversations, I should remember why I'm here and talk to them as a caring friend, and not just do it to accomplish some number or goal.

I'm so glad we are teaching Yervand the guitar (He's a blind man). That will be so great for him. It will add color to his life of darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment